.

.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

WORLD versus the TEMPLE

Sometimes I feel like David versus Goliath. I have so many children and so much extended family and friends and health concerns and church callings etc. I see me with my puny slingshot and rock and see the details of this GIANT WORLD (Goliath) coming at me.
As I plan for our Relief Society "Heaven Ready?" day at the temple  - THIS TUESDAY - I find out that my youngest son and family have accepted a job offer in Dallas and will be moving here within the week! He has asked to stay with us until they can get established and find their way in this new "post-college" world.
Let's just say, I have a LOT to do to make this house ready for a family for four. So I count the days till their U-Haul arrives and David and I look at the list of what needs to be done.
And I am so grateful that Tuesday is taken by my decision to spend it in the temple with (hopefully) many of you! What a privilege it is to show the Lord that I know I cannot do this without Him. I choose Him first. I believe that He will make "all things possible" for me. There is NO better way for me to prepare My house than spend that day with Him in His HOUSE.

No comments: