.

.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flashes of Inspiration 6/17/12

As hands were laid upon my head in order to be set apart as a contributor to the Relief Society blog, many things were said. Most of them were unfortunately forgotten but the phrase that resonated in my heart and mind was to "record flashes of inspiration." We have been encouraged by numerous different people in Relief Society over the last several months to record our impressions and promptings. So far, I hadn't done this. Invariably, I would forget the words of the Holy Ghost or convince myself that this wasn't what was really said. We are receiving very clear and direct orders to write down impressions and thoughts. Maybe it is so that we don't forget them. Maybe it is so we can understand them better. Or maybe, it is to bless others. I'm not quite sure of the reasoning and logic but I do understand that our obedience is important. And therefore I will record flashes of inspiration regardless of whether or not they make sense to me at this present time. Our obedience will bring blessings to ourselves and others.

Rachel Roark

3 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

YOU are a "flash of inspiration" to me!

Just Me said...

Thanks for the reminder Rachel!

nitwhitz said...

Rachel...this is one of the best blog entries I've read -- probably because I can closely relate incidences in my own life to the exact comments you've made regarding personal inspiration. WELL SAID! I look forward to your future blogs!