.

.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

THE CHALLENGE TO BECOME

This Sunday our lesson is based on two talks by Apostles.  First "The Challenge to Become" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks,, and Richard G. Scott, "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character" . 

Click HERE to read the talk by Elder Oaks.
Click HERE to read the talk by Elder Scott. 

Each day in all the decisions we make, we are attempting  to bridle the "Natural Man" within us, and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  In each good decision we make, God uses our faith to mold our character.  Character is the manifestation of what we are becoming.  Strong character results from consistent correct choices.  The bedrock of character is integrity.  The more our character is fortified the more enabled we are to exercise the power of faith.  It is a glorious circle  which permits us to become what our Heavenly Father wants us  to become.

Ponder and then pray and ask the Lord:

How do I see my potential, and how does God see my potential?

Are the decisions I make each day helping me become what my Heavenly Father wants me to become?

How do my thoughts affect my actions, and my decisions, and what am I becoming?

Can I change?  Do I want to change?  Do I need to change?

Elder Oaks said, "In contrast to the institutions of the world which teach us to know something, The Gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something."  What does that mean to you?

See you Sunday, let's discuss and learn together!

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

I cannot wait for this lesson!