.

.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

To The Rescue

In April we started reading To The Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson for our RS reading interest group. We met in the beginning of May to discuss the first half of the book. One of my favorite quotes from this book is on page 4. "I firmly believe . . . that the sweetest experience in mortality is to know that our Heavenly Father has worked through us to accomplish an objective in the life of another person."

We will be meeting again on June 7th to discuss the second half of the book. In the meantime, I'd love to hear other stories or quotes from President Monson that have helped motivate you to "rescue" others. Leave your comments here!

6 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

Perfect quote Ruth - to me that is what the book and the LIFE of President Monson is all about and it is also when I feel like the Lord and I are a "team".

barbara said...

I finished the book a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. President Monson is truly amazing. I am planning to use some of the stories in Primary. One of my favorite quotes is - " whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies". Has to be true or the Church would have failed a long time ago. Without His help there is very little we can accomplish; with it, very little we can't accomplish.

A. Thorsen said...

I haven't been able to attend a book club meeting, but I have been blessed by listening to the books on CD. I have enjoyed "Wednesdays Wars" and "Gernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society". Thank you for referring me to good books.

Alison Thorsen

barbara said...

Alison, I wish you could come to the meetins (get togethers!). I would like to hear your comments about the books.

barbara said...

Alison,
It's too bad you can't join us for the meetings. I would love to hear what you have to say about the books.

barbara said...

Enjoyed our get together last night. I was pleased to have finished "To The Rescue". It gave me a much greater appreciation for President Monson and other General Authorities.

Can't wait until we meet again on July 7th (casual) and see what everyone has been reading.