.

.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

O BE WISE!

I avidly read the newspaper and anything else I can get my hands on. I, like most of you, have followed the weather "trauma" events and the death of Osama bin Laden and then who would have thought that the price of gasoline would reach 4$ a gallon. Amazing.
It is so easy to get swept away with the currents of daily life in 2011. They are swift for sure.
I was thinking of this and all I have to do today, and opened my scriptures to where I am right now in the Book Of Mormon - Jacob 6. I had just read the allegory given by the prophet Zenos the night before so I started with Chapter 6 this morning and was "convicted" again of how much I love the Lord and this great book given to us for US in this latter day.
Jacob reminded me of what was truly important. He tells of the purpose of this earth and that the Lord knows the end from the beginning. In fact, he says, at the conclusion of his prophesies and pleadings (Jacob 6:12) - "O BE WISE!... what can I say more?"
I have another bright sunny May morning to add to my list of blessings. I MUST be wise in how I use my time and energies. I must focus on the end game - which for me - is to live with my Heavenly Father (and all of you) again. Much is happening in the world around me. But I am the boss of what I do with the world WITHIN me. I must be wise!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love that scripture because it reminds me that this life is all about making good choices. Heavenly Father has given me sufficient knowledge and a working brain to make good choices in my actions so I can return to live with Him--and you too! Thanks for this reminder Jeanne.