.

.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Is it a SPIRITUAL RELFEX...yet?

It is early Friday morning and still so dark outside. David has just asked me what I am doing today and my reply was a quick..."What am I NOT doing today!"
I can feel it....the election and the grand babies (two girls to be born within the month!) and the holidays are coming and the pace is quickening and......I sat down to read Isaiah 40 in preparation for Karen's lesson this Sunday.
What a reminder of the grandeur and majesty and greatness of God and His desire to bless all of us! (Isaiah 40: 29-31)
I am so GRATEFUL for the scriptures and this timely reminder to help make Gratitude more of a "spiritual reflex" in my life.
It is so easy to get busy and feel the world will stop if I do not get all things in their correct place and order. The virtue of studying the words of the prophets is the spiritual telescope they give me to view my life with so much more perspective and humility.
I pray I do not become so overwhelmed with all that needs to be done. I truly want this season to be a celebration of people and life and good works that reflect true personal revelation.
This holiday season, I want GRATITUDE to be more present in all I do - more of a SPIRITUAL REFLEX than a noble virtue I am constantly having to dust off to feel!

2 comments:

Karen Bateman said...


tHAT POST WAS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN MY FRIEND - THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ON MY LESSON.

Rachel Roark said...

If there was a "like" button, I would push it :)