.

.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A true missionary - Karen Armstrong!

In considering the lesson this week on doing our part to share the gospel, I had an occasion to be speaking with Karen Armstrong.  I was asking a question about someone she knows and she was sharing with me her week. She is helping an elderly neighbor who had fallen and hurt herself - taking her to doctor appointments etc. She was going out with the missionaries and helping me find women whose names are on the roster but we do not know who they are. She also was contacting another less active for me and finding a way to spend time with her.
She is a "light upon the hill" (Matthew 5:14-15) that the Savior speaks of as the BEST way  of doing missionary work!
What an example she has been for me this week! I could use many of you as "lights" in our relief Society, but this week I have been receiving my "vitamin D" from Karen Armstong.

No comments: