.

.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

GOD'S PLAN FOR HAPPINESS!

Isn't life great?  It is summer in Texas, and time for the Birthday of  America.  Holidays are times to spend with friends and family, and tomorrow, we get to spend time with friends that compose our Ward Family.

Thanks to several sisters who came and talked with me after, called me on the phone, and even two who took the time Sunday evening to send me a note about our R.S. lesson Sunday.  Thanks for your kind words.   I know that when you study and pray about a lesson, that you beome passionate, and so I am grateful for the feedback.  I hope that I am not "preachy".  I so appreciate those sisters who mentioned that it touched them and gave them a desire to change.  Boyd K Packer said that "the object of teaching is to change behavior".   I know personally the humility and hard work that any kind of real change requires.

When I was working on the little bookmarks, and found those fabulous butterflies, I immediately thought of what a change a butterfly goes through from that little green/gray worm, to it's chrysalis stage, and finally becoming a magnificent butterfly.

We come to earth a helpless baby, with a forgetting veil drawn over our minds so that our homesickness from our Heavenly Father, doesn't prevent or distract us from using this "privilege" of mortality to it's fullest measure.  We learn and grow and make mistakes and repent, and keep working to become what our Heavenly Father wants us to become.  Then one day, we will stand to be judged for our earthly efforts.  I pray we will all have BECOME Celestial Candidates radiating a Celestial light.  That Christ, our ultimate judge, will welcome us back home again.  Then - we will remember all things - - and we will be so happy!

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

Wonderful words from a wonderful teacher and person!