.

.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WATCHCARE - A BLESSING OF THE "TRUE" CHURCH

This Sunday our lesson will be based on the definition of "Pure Religion" that is found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Pure Religion is ministering one-on-one in the homes of our sisters who are found within the boundaries of our Ward Family. Please read Chapter 7 in the beautiful book given to each sister this year "DAUGHTERS IN MY KINGDOM". Also take an opportunity to read the article by Julie Beck entitled "Understanding the Power of Ministering" in the brand new March Ensign which should have just arrived in your mail this past week..
A third source of preparation for this Sunday's lesson is a BYU address, given in January by Sister Julie Beck, General Relief Society President. entitled "Why we are organized in Quorums and Relief Societies". The link for this talk follows:
We are all involved in this "Pure Religion" by being either a Visiting Teacher or by being Visiting Taught or both! Sister Beck poses these three questions - how do you answer these questions?
1. Do I help those Sisters that I Visit Teach grow spiritually?
2. Do I care deeply for the Sisters and their families, that I Visit Teach?
3. Do I help the Sisters I Visit Teach when they need help?
If you have time, read the covenant you took at Baptism in Mosiah 18, and see how it correlates with this "Pure Religion". See you Sunday!

Readings for this lesson:

CLICK HERE to read Chapter 7 of Daughters of My Kingdom.

CLICK HERE to read the March 2012 Ensign article.

CLICK HERE to read the BYU talk given by Sister Julie Beck.

CLICK HERE to read Mosiah 18.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

This is a wonderful preparation for your lesson - thank you!

Ruth said...

I loved chapter 7 in Daughters of My Kingdom. I learned a lot about the history of visiting teaching and my gratitude for visiting teaching grew. I look forward to your lesson Karen!