.

.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today - it's all about your HEART!

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the women in this Dallas 4th Ward Relief Society. And this day has a deep spiritual significance for me - here is why.
Two years ago on this day, I was in a hospital going through a battery of tests to see why I had suffered a stroke. (A very public stroke!!!) All the "normal" testing and Cat Scans and MRI's were not showing anything. Finally a very invasive procedure on my heart concluded that I had an "Atrial Myxoma" on the left ventricle of my heart - hidden away so that typical testing would not discover it. It was the size of a golf ball and throwing off clots that would eventually cause a massive stroke from which I would probably die.
I went from normal living to open heart surgery in a matter of days.
It was also one of the greatest earthly moments of love that I have received from my Heavenly Father.
To me He was saying, "I see you Jeanne; I am watching over you; and I am giving you more time on Earth to serve Me."
I never once thought that something horrible happened and I was unseen or unloved - I thought exactly the opposite.
My life was spared. I could not wait to heal and begin living it with renewed vigor. I do not want to waste one moment in anger or despair.
I want everyone in my sphere of influence to know I see them and love them and want to be part of a solution for them.
I know that God lives. I know that Jesus Christ lived on this Earth and lives now with our Father in Heaven. I know He lived a perfect life for me and died for me and allowed me to come to earth at this most amazing time to testify of Him. I love the scriptures and especially the warm feelings I always get when I read the Book of Mormon. I love the temple and the eternal ties it proved for me to so many I love.
I love the chance to FEEL all of these truths by the Gift of the Holy Ghost - the member of the Godhead that is all about the HEART!!!

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Thanks Sister Grant! What a great message. Happy Valentines Day to you!

Ruth said...

Thank you Jeanne. Your testimony strengthens mine on a regular basis. I am so grateful Heavenly Father spared your life; and I am grateful you are a part of my life.

Alison T. said...

Thank you Jeanne. I'm grateful you are healthy and have many more years to look forward to. I appreciate my valentine's card from the R.S. presidency. That made the day sweeter.

Karen Bateman said...

I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR TESTIMONY - GLAD YOU ARE STILL AT THE HELM OF THIS RELIEF SOCIETY SHIP - WHAT A JOURNEY!