.

.

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Power of Communicating with my Father in Heaven (or prayer)

I have 7 children (4 in-laws) and 15 grandchildren and a husband and an elderly mother-in-law and all the wonderful women of the Dallas 4th Ward Relief Society and...need I go on?
After a long day (like today), where I have communicated with many of them/you and need to keep a scorecard on how their/your lives are going - the ups and downs - I marvel at my relationship with my Father in Heaven. On a day such as this, I do not even kneel but stare out the window and mumble all my worries and concerns and joys of the moment and know He is listening and pulling for me in every way a parent does - just as I do for all of the people I love.
The HUGE difference is, He is God.
I am certain He will know what to do. There is comfort in this.
I am certain He will lead me in the direction I should go. This gives me peace and calms my fears.
I am certain He wants the best for all the people I love more than I do as they/you were His children first! This reminds me of who I am and the eternal perspective!
I am also certain it will not be in the time frame I want :) BUT, this teaches me patience and allows me to exercise the faith I do have in HIM.
He is on my side. I am on His side. We are a team. To me, that is the power of my prayers!

1 comment:

Alison T. said...

This lifted me today. Thank you.

Alison Thorsen