.

.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Compassion in Service!

Sisters, we have had a "plethora" of opportunities to serve in the last few months. (Big hug to Patsy Stringer for all she does with this calling!)
Sometimes I will get comments on what we are asking and what some of the reasons are for the ways we have been extending ourselves.
My perspective on service has changed while serving as Relief Society President. I have come to emphasize the word "compassion" as I do things or am asked to do things for others.
Now that I am aware of extenuating circumstances or details others might not know or see, my heart if full of compassion for people who have no family to help them, or no resources to spare for any extras, or just no more emotional energy to figure any of it out.
It would NOT be called "Compassionate Service" if a large dose of "compassion" wasn't really needed! Sometimes, for me, compassion trumps logic.
I want to thank you for all the many ways you have come through with time, means, and kindness. It has been such a RELIEF for all who serve the women and families of the Dallas 4th Ward.

1 comment:

Karen Bateman said...

WHAT A GREAT POST - I AM ALREADY FEELING MORE COMPASSION !