.

.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Speaking of Bread...Let's talk SERVICE

Last night we had an interest group at Julia Smith's home (actually it is the permanent home for the Dallas Texas Mission President and she and Pres Smith are currently serving as such)to learn about baking/making "artisan" bread. (I want to thank all the women who attend these and make them so successful!)
When I think of all the responsibilities of the Smiths, I am most impressed that she agreed to do this for us. But it was the quality of the event. President Smith stayed briefly to show us how to make a pizza crust and then a pizza. Then Julia showed us how to make bread and bagels and then it morphed into her granola and yogurt. And we had so many samples to "graze" on during the demonstrations. (I can only think of the word "graze" as I was so full when I got home.)
I know they had just had Elder Ringwood and wife in their home for a week and yet she made so much available to all of us who attended.
Then, she made copies of other recipes the sisters wanted.
David serves with President Smith so I am aware of their schedule. This event has reinforced the truth for me THAT - the more you do - the more you CAN do. The more you serve, the more you can and DO serve.
I have just come to treasure and love all the women who are so busy and have such full schedules yet CAN and DO serve. It enriches my life and encourages me to do more from their examples of service!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there. I can't wait for some of you to practice those recipes and share the end results with me!

Hahaha!
Ruth Guerreiro

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT night! Delicious and fun AND educational!
Thanks--
Kim Adair