.

.

Friday, February 4, 2011

My New Favorite Thing - Asphalt!

I have lived in Dallas for 35 years. I cannot remember a week of weather like this - where I was afraid to walk out and get my mail for fear of falling and not being found till Spring!
On Monday, I was riding my bike and thinking that the scenery looked grayish and dull. What a difference 4 days does for one's perspective. I would dearly love to ride my bike on the boring asphalt/cement trail and stare at the brown/gray/dull green landscape because that would mean I was out of my house exercising and looking at ANY scenery besides all the many tasks I could do in my own home "now that I have the time".
I love Dallas and Texas and the way my details (such as the weather) can change so quickly. I am grateful for the safety most of us have had from the harsh nature of this weather. I feel happy every time I hear my heater kick on and/or my water runs freely from "unfrozen" pipes.
But looking out my window this morning to a BLANKET of white makes me long for the day when I can see the asphalt!

No comments: