.

.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mountains to Climb

Dear Sisters,

As I have been studying this talk by President Eyring I keep hearing that childhood song in my head, "The Bear Went Over The Mountain"! We always sang "The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see", followed by " He saw another mountain..."

Sometimes life can seem like a series of mountains, with very little valley in between. President Eyring relates that: "Trouble itself can be our way to strengthen and finally gain unshakable faith," and that "It is never too late to strengthen our foundation of faith." This Sunday we will discuss some ways we can build and strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ so that "the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing."

See you Sunday,

Sister Stoddard

To read the talk, click HERE.

5 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I actually know when I am living in the hardest times but I have to look back to appreciate when something was easy!

Karen Bateman said...

This lesson sounds great. It reminds me of something Dr. Seuss said "You're offto great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting,so get on your way"!

Jeanne Grant said...

Karen has memorized all the hymns and now we know she has memorized Dr Suess - what next!?

Karen Bateman said...

I'm a high-brow reader, what can I say? I read those books so many times to my kids - I could recite them all - not Walt Whitman however!

Rachel Roark said...

Oh wow. I just read this AFTER I submitted my post about ... hahaha... MOUNTAINS! Obviously, the Spirit is at work here. LOVE IT!