.

.

Monday, September 10, 2012

JUST A FEW MORE QUOTES OR APHORISMS? . . . .

It is Sunday evening, and I was reading a few more quotes that I love, and I think the reason is because I stop and ponder after every one to see how it applies to me. I know the times that I read the scriptures and then ponder how they apply to me, I get the most from them. Hope you enjoy these thoughts, all by unknown authors. Guess we will have to call them aphorisms, since I'm not certain whom I am quoting!

1. Don't make a permanent decision for your  temporary emotion.
2. Holding a grudge is like letting someone remain rent-free in your head.
3. Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength.
4. Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go.
5. Worrying is like a rocking chair, you have something to do, but you don't get anywhere.
6. When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
7. Who gossips to you,will gossip about you.
8. At any given moment you have the power to say, this is not how the story is going to end.
9.Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
10. The first to apologize is the bravest, the first to forgive is the strongest, and the first to forget is the happiest.
11. Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

and finally a quote......
12. Our only valid spiritual competition is with our old selves, not with each other. (Neal Maxwell)

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!