.

.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Good-bye Smiths

In case you didn't know, President and Sister Smith (the Dallas Mission Presidents) are coming to the end of their mission. I've had the opportunity to get to know Sister Smith a little as I've attended church meetings and baptisms for the last few years. Each time I see her, I am impressed with her strength of testimony and love she shows to those around her. One of the first times I heard President Smith give his testimony, I felt the Holy Ghost confirm that President Smith has been called of God to serve the missionaries in Dallas. It has been such a blessing to us as a ward to have the Smiths be a part of our ward family. I wanted to express my personal gratitude to Sister Smith as well for the big hugs and words of encouragement she always has for me. I will miss them and I'm sure you will too.  May the Lord continue to keep and bless them.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

It seems like yesterday that Elder Bain informed us that Barry M. Smith would be the new mission president. Little did I know then what a positive influence this amazing family would have on our family. We have learned to love the Smiths and will have a tender spot in our hearts for them the rest of our lives. I can't think of enough superlatives to describe how much we love and appreciate them for their example and service to the Texas Dallas Mission. I can almost hear the Lord saying,"Well done, thou good and faithful servants." (My friends, I hope your future endeavors will bring you all the joy your hearts can hold!)