.

.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Father...I'm Home!

I have seven children. They are all grown now but when any of them come through the front door (they all still have their keys) and they will yell, "Mom, I'm here!". I love it. I love it that they know this is their home and always will be and that I care when they come home to visit me.
When I walk into the temple, I always say in my mind..."Heavenly Father, I'm here...I'm HOME." It is the same visual for me as when my own children walk through my door. In my mind's eye, I see our Heavenly Father very busy in another palatial amazing room - maybe at His desk - and when He hears me call He comes to the door of His office to give me a wave or hug as a welcome. Then He goes back to what He needs to do and I go about what He has asked me to do.
The temple is not an obligation to me (this has been a process) or a place where someone has to remind me to visit. It is HOME.
Both of my parents are dead. I often enter the doors of the temple with lots on my mind and heart - much of it I might share with my parents if I could.
But this appreciation has added to my perspective of what the temple is all about - going to my REAL home - visiting with an ETERNAL PARENT.
We will have our Relief Society Generation Project 2 Temple Day on July 12. It is for all the sisters in the Dallas 4th Relief Society who understand that we are not just having a day of service or finding a babysitter to fulfill a relief society event or taking a day off of work to get Jeanne Grant off our backs!!!
We are taking a moment, together as a family, to go to our REAL home. We have our own key, we can walk through the door and say, "Heavenly Father...WE ARE HOME!"

2 comments:

Karen Bateman said...

I love your announcement for the event - I hope a lot of Sisters will be able to "Come Home" that day!

Ruth said...

I'm very excited for July 12th. I remember this activity last year. It was the first time I had spent so many hours in the temple on one day. It really helped me feel closer to the Lord.