.

.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

A "VITAL" Religion

In talking to my son who lives in Atlanta and works for a large corporation and deals with ongoing technology changes and policy changes - his take on yesterday's conference sessions was - this is a VITAL religion because of its capacity to change - IMMEDIATELY.
If you listened to the press conference held after the first session of conference concerning the announcement of the changes in the ages of when young men and young women can go on missions (18 & 19 respectively), Elder Holland was asked when the age changes would take effect and he said "30 minutes ago".
I know that this church has Jesus Christ at its helm and that we are led by a Prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson, and by a vigorous Council of the Twelve. I feel momentum build as the Lord sees what we cannot see - the future. He is getting more done at a faster pace and He needs all hands on board.
Elder Glen Pace gave a talk once about the members of the church getting on and off the train at will (the metaphor being the train as the church/gospel) and how the time was coming that those who got off the train would not be able to get back on because of the pace at which the train was moving.
I feel that this weekend. Time is moving quickly and we must be active and vigorous in our testimonies and convictions.
We need to hold on as this TRAIN is  picking up speed - and I think I am feeling that I must do the same!

2 comments:

Karen Bateman said...


Loved your post, and loved the analogy!

Jeanne Grant said...

I love the way we cheer each other on!