.

.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Come "It's MAY" and Love It!

I love MAY. I have always loved May. Even when my seven children were all in school and I ran from event to event, I knew May meant summer was coming and the rigorous school schedule would soon be over and they would be "mine".
I always appreciated what I learned from the school year about each one of my children. I liked a teacher's perspective on a problem one of them was dealing with - even if I did not agree. I loved the finished feeling of Seminary being completed or Scout Camp/Girl's Camp on the horizon. Summer was a gauge for me as a mother.
I am older, I know, so it is easier to look back and smile as opposed to sitting in the middle of it all. But it was always a philosophy of mine that I live in the moment. I do not like to "dread" or rehearse the negative. The summers in Dallas ARE hot. Bored kids DO get into trouble. Parenting CAN be an assault on our self-esteem.
MAY is here - we cannot stop the calendar. So, I try to LOVE IT! Life is really attitude. It is one decision at a time. That is why months are broken down into days, hours, and minutes!
One GREAT decision for first full week of these May days, is to go to the temple this Friday (May 11th) as a Dallas 4th Ward Family. The Bishop has organized two sessions - 4 & 7PM. This should fit the needs of anyone's schedule. It will also give us the proper "eternal lens" by which to view all things that are important and immediate in our minds.
It is MAY, the temple will help us LOVE IT!

No comments: