.

.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Made for Me

A few Christmases ago my dad made me a magnet board. He picked out the wood, made the frame, painted it, and attached the magnetic sheet to it. On one of the edges, the wood has a hole. He told me he chose that piece especially for me because it made the board unique. I cherish this gift for several reasons. First, my dad put time and effort into making it just for me. It hangs in my bedroom and holds pictures of my neices and nephews, who all live far away. But more than that, my magnet board serves as a reminder of my dad. He currently is suffering from Aphasia. Some days are harder than others for him. Some days he can still do woodwork, but it takes him much longer than it used to. I am grateful to have something tangible that he made with his hands. Throughout the years I have received numerous Christmas, birthday, and special occasion gifts from my dad. But the one I remember most is this magnet board.

This coming Tuesday each of us will have an opportunity to BRING a gift that was MADE for us. It might be small, it might be big. But each gift has a special meaning. Each sister will have two minutes to SHOW the gift and TELL who it is from and why it is important to us. Please join us for our Relief Society Christmas Dinner at Annie Reid's house. Directions to her house will be handed out this Sunday in church and sent to your email Sunday night.

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love this Ruth - thank you!