.

.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Find Waldo...

My children (and grandchildren) love the books I have that are part of the FIND WALDO series. They know that Waldo is part of a very intricate picture and his appearance is often woven into a very normal landscape - their job is to find him in each illustration.
General Conference (this weekend, Oct 1 &2, 11-1pm & 3-5pm, at the church or on BYUTV or on your computer at lds.org) to me is just like a FIND WALDO book. I know, I mean I really KNOW that my Father in Heaven is talking to me during conference. Conference is like having my own Personal Priesthood Interview with Him.
BUT, it is up to me to find those "golden nuggets of thought" that apply to my cares and worry. So I sit with my notepad and write the thoughts that come - KNOWING - He is speaking to ME! The conversation would go like this "Put this in there for Jeanne, she will recognize those words and that I am speaking to her."
As the Relief Society President at this time, I am aware of many of the cares and worries of the sisters in this ward. I also know that there are a multitude of distractions on the first Saturday and Sunday of October. However, I have a deep and abiding faith that He makes these conferences possible so He can give us - individually - very specific comfort and direction. And these promptings can change the course of our thinking, our feelings, and hopefully our lives.
It is up to us, to FIND HIM!

No comments: