.

.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Valuable Temporal Law

It has been a year since my open heart surgery. I did not believe my body could recover from such a catastrophic illness.
As I was reading the lesson for this Sunday, Gospel Principles #29 "Lord's Law of Health", I was exceedingly (to quote Nephi) grateful for the blessings that came to me from a lifetime of "trying" to live this law. Each time I went to the doctor, I was told how quickly my body was healing and how much strength was returning to my vital organs.
I have a testimony that these health laws given to a prophet for our day (D&C 89) are such a gift to us.
How have these valuable temporal laws helped you have a greater quality of life?

4 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

Whoever reads this and replies will get a "reward" - on top of the obvious one of being a good person!

Just Me said...

The previous owner of our home was a smoker. We had to do a lot of work to get the effects of years of smoke out of the house. It makes our life better that we don't have to face the challenges that come with the habit of smoking.

Kim Adair said...

I have generally observed that those who live the Lord's laws of health in addition to His other commandments are not only blessed with the spirit which is reflected in their countenances, but seem to be more youthful looking for their respective ages compared with "the rest of the world". I know that my quality of life is enhanced by living these laws. I feel the strenth and see the same in my family members as well.

Ruth said...

My grandfather fought in WWII. He was shot in the back and the bullet grazed his lung. The doctors said he only survived because his lungs were healthy due to having never smoked. This happened before my father was born. My grandma likes to say that many of her grandkids wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the Word of Wisdom.