.

.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Apple Pie, Custard Pie, . . .

Ever heard of a potato peel pie? Our book interest group this month is reading about a small group of people living on a small island in the English Channel, in post WWII. They form a literary society and eat potato peel pie. If you want to learn more about the remarkable lives these people enjoy, come join our discussion:

April 5th
7:30 PM
Barbara Doerk's house

Book to be discussed: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

P.S. This is one of my favorite books I've read in the last 2 years.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

Me too Ruth! I have 2 extra copies for people who want to read it. I enjoyed the narrative and felt better after having read it -

barbara said...

I am so glad we have this interest group. It is so much fun to have people I really like come to my home and talk about the books they enjoy reading (or, not!). It's fun to discuss and share opinions and feelings. Thanks, Ruth, for organizing and Jeanne for being a fearless leader.