.

.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Family

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to spend much of the day in the temple. The day marked a culmination of our efforts with the D4 Generations Project. I had some family names to do and that made the experience personal and tender to me. Yet the real magic was seeing the faces of women from our Relief Society as they came in to do temple work. I felt "pure joy" as I saw each sister come around a corner or into a room. It felt as if I was greeting my own family!
I am so grateful for all the effort and support each sister gives to our ward "family." Every sister that came was noted and rejoiced over by us and each sister we did not see, we thought about and prayed over.
Quite simply, we really do love you as our own family - always remember this!

3 comments:

Karen Bateman said...

I loved the day - especially when we did sealings - thanks for your help!

Ruth said...

It was really a memorable day. Thanks to all who planned it and to all who attended. I hope we can make this a yearly tradition!

Julia said...

I wish that I could have gone. My thoughts were with you as we were doing the Lord's work in other ways. Thank you for doing this so that temple work was for-front in our minds for a long time.
Julia Smith