.

.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Revelation + Action = Blessings

This last month I have been reminded of the power of personal revelation and the blessings I receive as I follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. In preparing for my lesson this coming Sunday I found several articles in the June 2012 Ensign as well as various past Church magazines that teach us about the Holy Ghost. I found one article in particular that I encourage you to read before Relief Society: "Eight Ways God Can Speak to You" (click HERE) by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. This article is based on a devotional talk that Elder Oaks gave at BYU in 1981. To read the original talk, click HERE. 

I would like for us to focus not only on how we receive and "hear" the personal revelation, but what we do with it after we receive it. We are going to the temple as a Relief Society at the end of this month. Hopefully we will attend prayerfully and seek answers to prayers. If so, we will feel the Spirit in the House of the Lord, and then what? How will we apply it in our lives, to solve our problems, to comfort our worries, and to bring us to action?

Looking for more to read on this topic?

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love this talk and devotional! Thank you so much for this Ruth -

Anonymous said...

Both these articles were great! Thanks! Good for missionary work! :)