.

.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Is It Still Christmas???

I came home from an enlightening and enjoyable "book club/interest group" Christmas event at Barbara Doerk's home last night and looked back over all the other Christmas fun I have all ready enjoyed and wondered...is it still December?
I feel so grateful for all the work that went into our Relief Society Christmas "Make It A Great" etc. AND, so many sisters made the effort to come out on the coldest night of the year and share their warmth with the rest of us. Annie Reid was generous with her lovely home; Bonnie Muir gave us a "4Star" meal; I learned how to make panna cotta; we listened to beautiful music by Wes Dean, Jamie Taylor, and Katie Peterson; and we heard from many women about their special gifts and memories - it set the holiday spirit for me.
As a Presidency, we have also had the opportunity to make Christmas ornaments and take treats around and visit and see the good and the needs of others in our ward. For me, that is a huge part of what Christmas should "become".
I still have a grandson to be born this Monday and family coming in for the holidays, but, I feel so fed by all of you and your Christmas Cheer I have been wondering...is it still December...hasn't Christmas all ready come?

1 comment:

Alison T. said...

I feel the same way...as though Christmas has already happened. Thanks for the great Relief Society Christmas dinner.