.

.

Friday, September 2, 2016

"Saving Your Life"

The lesson for Sunday is taken from a talk by D. Todd Christofferson titled “Saving Your Life”. This is a very profound talk with great insights to our daily living. Please take a moment to read it.

From the talk:
Jesus Christ speaking to Peter declared: “If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”

We will be talking about the Lord’s seemingly paradoxical declaration that “He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” It teaches a powerful, far-reaching doctrine that we need to understand and apply.

The greatest illustration of saving one’s life by losing it is this: “O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.” In giving His life, Christ not only saved His own—He saved the lives of all of us. He made it possible for us to exchange what would otherwise have been an ultimately futile mortal life for eternal life.

-Sister Armstrong

No comments: