.

.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

FAR-lington


Normally I don't go to veterinary appointments from Arlington, TX anymore because it's just too far away. In fact, I've been known to refer to Arlington as FAR-lington because it's just too far away. Something told me to take this call and so I proceeded to get all of my equipment for euthanasia packed up into my car.

When I go into houses, I generally take notice of religious items such as crosses, statues of saints, Mezuzahs, Buddha statues, etc. The things religious symbols in people's houses or lack thereof generally can tell me how to approach bringing up the subject of the gospel. Upon entering this house I found none of these items and was quite confused as to how to start up a conversation about the subject of religion. The first tip-off should have been the stacks of food in the kitchen but I thought maybe this family was just uber prepared for emergencies. When I sat down to write the medical record and invoice, my eyes fell upon something absolutely delightful. It was the very familiar picture of Dallas temple of The Church of Jesus of Latter Day Saints.

What a refreshing reminder that there are more of us out there than we realize. Lately, I've been feeling quite frustrated at the lack of reception of the gospel message. And in order to prove a point, the Lord had me drive all the way to FAR-lington in order to remind me that some people do say yes to the gospel. And those people are all around us whether we recognize it or not.


Rachel Roark


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Roark, What a lovely message, and what a blessing it was to learn that Heavenly Father had sent a wonderful, obedient servant to help our sweet Peaches and ease her pain. We thank you for your service and for your willingness to follow promptings of the Holy Spirit. From the Washingtons, Arlington 4th Ward