.

.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Old Testament

Over the years, it has come to my attention that whenever I make a study of the Old Testament, great and amazing trials await me in the near future. The Lord has a way of preparing His people for and sustaining His people through times of great tribulation. How blessed I feel to know that God takes the time to drive us into the wilderness of introspection prior to dropping us into the conflict of battle. It is a time for us to get our heads straight. It is a time for spiritual contemplation and a rearrangement of priorities. Throughout the scriptures we see repeated examples of people being led and trained before their day of testing arrives. However, I cannot think of a better and more exaggerated example than that of being led through an actual wilderness for forty years before heading into battle for the promised land. My prayer for the church is that we use our time of spiritual preparation wisely.

Rachel Roark

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love these thoughts - thank you!