.

.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Fit For A King

If you had told me that two hours of vacuuming could be a spiritual experience, I probably would have laughed at you. Housekeeping is not exactly my strong suit and vacuuming is my least favorite part of housekeeping. However, vacuuming in the temple affords an entirely different experience altogether. During the work, I couldn't help but wonder if the Savior himself would visit this temple. What if he walked on the floor that I cleaned? What would the Savior think of his house and how it was maintained? The temple is spotless because it is a house that is fit for a king. Maybe if I more fully realized my own divine nature I would be better able to maintain my own household.

Rachel Roark

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

Rachel - seriously - send some of this stuff to the ENSIGN!!!

nitwhitz said...

Agree w/ Jeanne...SO.WELL.SAID! Thanks for sharing your tidbits of insight. I always enjoy reading them.