.

.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It is Glorious and Beautiful!

Rushing around to get to the temple is not the ideal way to attend, but it is better than not going at all. Add in time lost for renting some missing temple clothes and the mad shuffle to hide a run in my stocking and let's just say that my mood was less reverent than it should have been. Wet hair straight out of the shower coupled with no makeup left me feeling quite bedraggled as I zipped into the endowment session at the absolute last possible minute. The tall temple attendant with what I assumed to be an Australian accent performed her part of the ceremony and then declared, "You are beautiful!" Now, I don't know if she had just decided to tell everyone today that they were beautiful, or if that comment was solely for me. Either way, as I sat in the session, my mind began to reflect upon the beauty of the Creation of this Earth for us. If the Earth is beautiful because it was created by the Lord, then it follows that I am beautiful because I am also created by the Lord. This week as we enjoy the dropping temperatures and tiny breezes, let us remember to give thanks to the Creator for all we experience.

Rachel Roark

2 comments:

kfarmer said...

Rachel, I love the way you write.

Jeanne Grant said...

I agree with Kirsten - thank you for this perspective.