.

.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Search me, O God, and Know My Heart"


Sisters, this Sunday, our lesson is #8 in the Lorenzo Snow manual. It is based on a brave plea from David in Psalms 139:23-24: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

How do we stand with the Lord? When we serve Him, obey His commandments, does He also have our hearts? Do we ever take the time to contemplate with the Lord how we approach Him in prayer, or if there are things in our characters that need to be repented of and refined so that the Spirit may continue to teach us how to please our Heavenly Father?

President Snow suggests that examples in our scriptures teach us how to improve, like Moses, Jonah, or Esther and Hannah. There are people all around us as well, who set examples of enduring rectitude through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Who inspires you?

Why do we need to be aware of our faults in order to strengthen our characters? How can we allow ourselves to see our own shortcomings without becoming discouraged? Sisters, there are always many questions, let's discuss the answers together this Sunday.

Karen Bateman

3 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

You inspire me :)

Ruth said...

Sad to miss your lesson Karen. You are always so well prepared. I know it'll be great!

Rachel Roark said...

Wonderful lesson, Karen! It's so good to see you back to teaching.