.

.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hazard Pay

Yesterday I went on a house call visit to vaccinate a disabled elderly lady's four cats. After chasing these crazy semi-feral cats around her living room for an hour, the kind lady gave me a large tip which she referred to as "hazard pay". This was particularly amusing as at no time did I feel as if I was in actual danger. In fact, the only injuries that I've received this week have involved cooking. While taking off the top of a coconut, I tried unsuccessfully to slice my wrist off. Then later, when peeling an avocado I took out a sizeable chunk of my thumb. By my estimation, I should be more afraid of fresh produce than untamed cats. Anyway, it was a good reminder of how the Lord watches over our temporal and physical safety as well as our spiritual safety. I'm thankful for the myriad of angels assigned to watch over me daily. There are so many instances in my life where I have witnessed divine protection. This week let us remember to thank our Heavenly Father for providing us with temporal and spiritual safety.

By Rachel Roark

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Rachel, I enjoy your essays. They make me think and your writing style is great!