.

.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Being a More Christian Christian

Dear Sisters,

On Sunday, January 27, our lesson topic will be Elder Robert D. Hales's conference talk, "Being a More Christian Christian."  This is a terrific talk that we can all benefit from.  He tells us, "For many, the call to be a Christian can seem demanding, even overwhelming. But we need not be afraid or feel inadequate. The Savior has promised that He will make us equal to His work."  I believe this is totally true! If we do all we can do, He will make up the difference. This is a great source of comfort to me and reminds me that I am not alone.

I was recently at the Washington D.C. Temple's visitor center. There is a beautiful statue of Christ that is made of the same marble the temple is. He speaks a message about what it is to be a Christian. I jotted it down so I can share it with you Sunday.

May our Heavenly Father bless you and yours,
Shirlee Chaillet

No comments: