.

.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December Sister Spotlights!

Name:
Brittany Tuttle
What color do you like: blue
Favorite food:
Thanksgiving food! (mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey and pie)
Favorite scripture and why:
 Alma 7:11. I love the Atonement and how it covers EVERYTHING, our pain, weaknesses and our mistakes.
Favorite hymn:
 "I Know My Redeemer Lives"
Favorite place to visit:
 I love trying new things, so I like visiting places I've never been before. I love places with lakes and mountains and trees :)
Favorite thing about living in Dallas:
 Playing tennis in November in 70 degree weather.
Favorite Ice cream flavor:
Pistachio
Favorite time of the year:
 I used to like fall when I lived in Washington and Utah, but now living in Dallas I bet spring will be my favorite season!
Something interesting about yourself:
 I qualified for the Boston Marathon two years ago. For non-runners that probably doesn't mean anything, but it was a really big deal for me and I was excited about it.
 
Brittany & Ted
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Brenda Singh 
What color do you like
I like them all.
 Favorite food:
If you ask my husband he'll say anything with cheese, but I think it depends on my mood. It's true sometimes I want cheesey Tex-mex or Italian, but sometimes I want Indian dosa or veggies and dip. My tastes are varied.
 Favorite scripture and why:
 It changes, but one that sticks with me is Mosiah 4:9
"Believe in aGod; believe that he is, and that he bcreated all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all cwisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not dcomprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend."
I first discovered it as a teenager and felt inspired to post it on my wall to look at everyday. Not long after that we got some difficult news that my dad was very sick and would most likely not live beyond a year. It was a difficult year, but those words posted on my wall carried me through it. A few years later this same scripture inspired me to serve a mission, I wanted to share the strength I had gotten from them with others. Even today I feel encouraged to remember that God is all powerful and all knowing, that when I trust Him then everything will work out for my good.
Favorite hymn:
 I love Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. It was in the old hymn book, and I first learned it when I spent a semester in Nauvoo. So maybe it's the connections that I have with Nauvoo that make my happy, but I also love the words.

Favorite place to visit:
 The mountains. I grew up in Denver so I'm very picky about what I catagorize as actual mountains, but after a few years near the Appalachian Mountains I'm willing to admit they definately have their own beauty.

 Favorite thing about living in Dallas:
 All the good friends we've made here!
  Favorite Ice cream flavor:
 Rocky Road mixed with Mint Chocolate Chip and some milk. 
Favorite time of the year:
 Winter, I love the holidays, decorations, family, snow and cold weather. Texas doesn't have snow, but I would take the colder weather over the Texas heat anyday of the year.
Something interesting about yourself: (that we might not know)
Since I just moved into the ward there is probably a lot that no one knows about me. I'm not sure what's interesting about me, but something that is perhaps unique is that I like to collect mediocre talents. I like to paint, draw, sew, cook, play the violin and piano, sing, read classic literature, go to musuems, study everything from history to nutrition, garden, crochet ... I'm willing to try almost anything just for fun, but I wouldn't say I'm very good at anything. Since I'm not very good at anything most of my talents are share just among my close family and friends. So you'll have to get to know me to see the crazy things I put together :)
 

 

No comments: