.

.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

MORE QUOTES TO THINK UPON!


Oh, I have loved the rain..and there may be more tonight.  Rain, when you have no sprinkler system, is a widow's delight.  I received a lot of comments from sisters regarding my favorite quotes a while back, so I have spent a delicious hour reading more thoughts from my big black book.  I thought I would share a few more:

"Feelings are like waves, we can't keep them from coming, but we can decide which ones we will surf. "  (unknown)

"Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth do."  (unknown)

"The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for." (unknown)(one of my very favorites)

"Holding onto anger is like taking poison, and expecting the other person to die."   (Buddha)

"People inspire you, - or they drain you, pick them wisely."  (Hans Hansen)

"Be as quick to kneel as we are to text."  (Elder Ian S. Ardern - gen. conference)

"If you are feeling blue, try painting yourself a different color" (Hannah, age 9)

"Comparison is the thief of joy."  (Theodore Roosevelt) (so true - so true)

"Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive, who is youer than you!"   (Dr. Suess)

"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, and you can go any direction you choose."  (Dr. Suess)

"My soul has had enough Chicken Soup...I want chocolate!" (unknown)

"Some see a hopeless end, while others see endless hope."  (unknown)

"Is fat really the worst thing a human being can be? Is fat worse than vain, shallow, vindictive, jealous, boring, evil or cruel?  I don't think so." (J.K Rowling)

"Today I am happier than a  bird with a french  fry!" (etsy.com)

Please keep praying for rain sisters - "The grass is greener - where you water it." (Neil Barrington)

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

Mark Twain said "The best way to cheer yourself up is try to cheer someone else up."
I feel much better having read these quotes - thank you!