.

.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Conference Comfort!

I thought this 180th Semi-Annual Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was amazing. (Can you tell I watched ALOT of conference?!) Part of the satisfaction for me is listening to the way conference touched others and insights gained through the various speakers. I loved the hand-out of all the General Authorities of the church from Sister Chaillet and I had it displayed for my children and grandchildren and each of us pointed to a favorite speaker and what we had learned from him or her.
So, what comfort/truth did you receive from the Spirit this conference weekend?
There will be an added reward (because the real reward of course is the promptings by the Spirit that produce a change of thought or action) in Relief Society for every sister who reads this blog entry and/or replies to it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, there were so many great talks many of which brought a piece of mind to me and made me think. it gave me encouragement that even if i am not doing daily scripture study or presonal prayers. i can start today. it doesn't have to be in special day nor do i have to what for a new year to start those things. for me that new year or new day starts today!
-Brittany Dean

Ruth said...

Truths that resonated with me this conference:

+Our righteous desires will be realized, just maybe not in this life.

+I need to show more gratitude EVERY day.

+I need to go to the temple more often.

+President Monson is the living prophet!


Thanks for this post Jeanne. What good is conference if we don't apply what we learned?!

barbara said...

Seemed to hear a lot about the Holy Ghost and how He helps us in all aspects of our lives. Many of the General Authorities talked about how EACH individual is known to our Heavenly Father. Also, lots of comments about following the Prophet and listening to what he tells us. I loved listening to Conference (and I made 20 Christmas cards!!).

Karen Bateman said...

I loved Conference - there were at least two talks specifically about the great gift of Agency that our Heavenly Father gave us. I love President Benson's quote which was restated - "We are always free to choose - however, we are not free to alter the consequences of those choices" I also enjoyed Elder Oaks talk on the two lines back to our Heavenly Father - One a Priesthood line, and the other our personal line. We can communicate our problems, decisions, gratitude personally and directly to our Heavenly Father, and not immediately encumber the Priesthood with every need. We can pray to our Heavenly Father over our temporal and spiritual needs, and be agents unto ourselves. We do need the Priesthood to act in His name, and to confess our sins - but if we each lived the Gospel - a great load would be taken from our Bishop and priesthood leaders.

Cathy said...

Whate I love about conference is that it speaks to each of us differently. I really got the importance of as parents it is our sacred duty to raise righteous children, set good examples and protect our values or they will perish. President Packer mentioned the world voting to change moral standards...as if voting can change God's moral standards/laws. Oh and so much more!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this conference! I enjoy taking notes and leaving a place on my paper to write down how I am personally inspired and how I feel about the messages being given.