.

.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Continue in Patience

This is the title of President Uchtdorf's talk from the Priesthood Session of April 2010 Conference. I love to reread the last conference issue (May 2010) so I can get in the rhythm of listening to all the hours of counsel I will watch/listen to in the coming days. I LOVE General Conference!
But somehow, I missed the importance of this talk (for me) till I read it today. I need more "patience" in my life - for my life. I really appreciated the truth taught here that "patience isn't merely waiting" and showing patience might mean "delaying immediate gratification for future blessings." I often feel as if I am continually praying (complaining/worrying the Lord) about the same concerns or issues. This talk, though given at the last conference, was for me - TODAY!
I am anxious for this October Conference. I want to learn more about what the Lord would have be do and change about myself so that I can have a greater level of joy.
I love conference.

No comments: