.

.

Saturday, April 25, 2015

"Which Way Do You Face?"

This Sunday's lesson is based on the General Conference talk "Which Way Do You Face?" by Lynn G. Robbins from October 2014 General Conference. I am personally really excited for this lesson because this was my favorite talk from the October conference. I can look back and see that my life has been changed as I have studied and tried to apply the principles taught.

In one of my favorite quotes from the talk, Robbins uses Christ's life as our example of conduct. Robbins says "The Savior, the only perfect being who ever lived, was the most fearless. In His life, He was confronted by scores of accusers but never yielded to their finger of scorn . . . In every way possible, He was His Father’s perfect disciple. He was so perfect in representing His Father that to know the Savior was also to know the Father. . . May His inspiring example strengthen us against the pitfalls of flattery from without or of conceit from within. May it give us courage to never cower or fawn at the feet of intimidation. May it inspire us to go about doing good as anonymously as possible and not 'aspire to the honors of men' And may His incomparable example help us always remember which is 'the first and great commandment'"

I would encourage you to read or listen to the talk in preparation for this week's lesson. As you read, you could ponder the following questions:


  • In what ways have do you practice the "first and great commandment" to love the Lord? 
  • How have you stood up and looked to God under the immense pressures of the world, despite fear of judgment or scorn? 


Thanks so much for your preparation and diligence in bringing a strong spirit with you to Relief Society lessons. I look forward to learning from each of you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such a great lesson. I love the way Clara teaches and the content of the lesson was very inspiring and enriching.

Barbara Doerk

Laura Hamblin said...

Thank you for the blog update..... I wish I could have been there!