.

.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Are You a Teacher?

"Are you a teacher?" the woman in the drive thru line asked me as she handed me food. I told her that I was a veterinarian, not a teacher. She was probably referencing my new bumper sticker from our homeschool organization that reads, "We heart to learn." As I drove away, I realized that this should have been answered in the affirmative. Yes, I am a teacher. We are a homeschool family and we take every opportunity we have to learn about God and His creation. One practical way to accomplish this goal this year is made possible by our very own Catherine Morphis. She has combined her love of fitness and her love of charity to bring us an event called the Thanks Giving Hope Run. Through this 5K fun run, we will have the opportunity to teach our kids the real meaning of Thanksgiving. Helping our brothers and sisters in Haiti achieve their goals for education is one of the missions of the Thanks Giving Hope Run. An added bonus is that we will be able to exercise and enjoy fellowship. If we are intentional, this could become a great missionary opportunity for the entire family. Please go to www.thanksgivinghope.com to sign up for the race and invite some friends along!

Rachel Roark

No comments: