.

.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Great Book!

As we get close to school starting again, I wanted to promote a wonderful book - The Promise - by Oral Lee Brown. It is about a woman who lived in Oakland California and wanted, NEEDED, to make a difference. It is written in clear, direct prose and is such a faith promoting story. She tells of meeting a first grade class of 23 children and promising she will help them graduate from college! She reminded me that often we get "trapped" in our minds because of our details and fail to do the impossible - with Divine help of course!
This is my vote for a RS Book Interest selection. It moved me to change - the best sign of a great book.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks Jeanne. I always love book recommendations, as you know. This book received great reviews on Goodreads.com too.

barbara said...

I'll add it to my list - - which is growing.