.

.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Big Giant X

A smile crept across my face as I put a big giant "X" over June 11, 2013 on the calendar. My plan was to spend the entire day at the temple. Not even once did I plan on checking my phone for the latest crisis of the day. The stack of emails, list of voice mails, and piles of snail mail would just have to wait for a full twenty-four hours. My line of thinking was that many problems require much reflection. I desperately needed divine direction which I am finding all the more frequently inside the walls of the holy temple. Spending an entire day at the temple is a much different experience than spending two and a half hours inside of the temple. It allows for a complete sense of relaxation, contemplation, and decision-making that is not possible in a shorter duration of time. Seeking answers through personal revelation requires time, reflection, persistence and active listening to the voice of the Holy Ghost. Sitting in the Celestial Room without the need to rush off and pick up kids affords more complete answers to more difficult questions. Our bishop has encouraged us this year to make temple attendance a priority. Let us eagerly heed this wise counsel. May you enjoy the same sense of satisfaction as you block out a day on your calendar with a big giant "X".

Rachel Roark

2 comments:

Rachel Roark said...

Bwahaha! How about "sitting in" the Celestial Room... not "sittin gin". That would give a whole new twist the Celestial Room that I don't think is allowed by the Word of Wisdom :)

Stephanie said...

Entry edited. Thanks for catching my typo, Rachel!