.

.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Lifelong Conversion: Continuing to Advance in the Principles of Truth

Lorenzo Snow was baptized and confirmed in June 1836. Recalling his developing testimony, he later said, "I believed they [the Latter-day Saints] had the true religion, and I joined the Church. So far my conversion was merely a matter of reason." He remembered, "I was perfectly satisfied that I had done what was wisdom for me to do under the circumstances." Although he was content for a time with this understanding, he soon yearned for a special manifestation of the Holy Ghost. He said, "I had had no manifestation, but I expected one."

Are you like President Snow? Do you expect manifestations of the Holy Ghost in times of either joy or sorrow? Do you remember when you were baptized and if you felt the Holy Ghost? Gaining a testimony of the church and building upon that foundation is a good starting point. We are going to share our experiences with our testimonies and help "build" a foundation this Sunday.

Janine Hughes

No comments: