.

.

Monday, November 26, 2012

I 'SEE' ANOTHER SERVICE OPPORTUNITY

If you are pondering service opportunities - one very worthwhile and interesting project is Reading and Radio Resource.   I volunteered more than 20 years ago, when it was called "Reading for the Blind", and it soon became one of my of "guilty pleasures".  They have a new name, but essentially it is recording textbooks, nonfiction and fiction, etc. for the sight impaired.  The facility has a state of the art studio to record in, and they are always looking for good readers, with a "little" voice talent, who is a committed volunteer - - although they are very flexible, and will work with your schedule.

It requires  a little training, and may be too involved for the Holidays, but it offers a great volunteer option in the New Year.  The Church recommends we involve ourselves within our communities to let our "Mormon Lights" shine!

Reading and Radio Resources are located at: 2007 Randall Road, Dallas, Texas 75201.  To contact this organization, you can e-mail: betty @readingresource.org. or call (214) 871-7668.

You can help a sight-impaired child get through his textbook, or read the latest novel to a senior citizen, and celebrate the wonderful gift of sight that you enjoy.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love this idea!

Jeanne Grant said...

I said that on Ruth's idea too - I need to be more original in my enthusiasm BUT I do think this is a very creative service opportunity.