.

.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Feeling Your Prayers

For me, some days can be more filled with the Spirit than others. Today was one of those days. From the time a bright white dove fluttered away in greeting to me this morning with its characteristic mournful sound, I knew it was going to be a day of inspiration. During my morning reading, I was led to exactly what I shall talk about during Sunday morning's sacrament meeting. Thank you all for your prayers! I can literally feel them. My evening jog through the park was an absolute delight as tiny fireflies danced and lit up the semi-darkness. In my imagination, I thought of each twinkling firefly as representing one of your prayers. All of the fireflies shining their lights together brightened the sky. It is the same when we pray together for a cause as Heavenly Father hears our prayers in unison. Each one of your faithful prayers is recognized by Heavenly Father and sometimes by those for whom you have prayed.

Rachel Roark

3 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

Thank you so much for this perspective and reminder of combined power of prayer - just know I will be praying for you this Sunday and for everyone in the congregation to feel your tremendous testimony!

Karen Bateman said...


This was beautifully written Ruth.

Jeanne Grant said...

Since I can read Karen's mind I know she meant Rachel!