.

.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I remember one summer day in San Diego, at the beach, with my seven children and much of my extended family. I could not find one of my sons and I was "aggravated" at his lack of obedience in staying near "the group". (Trust me, I knew no one had kidnapped him as he would not have even minded a stranger!) My older brother then said to me something I had not considered - "and to think you want to do this forever!"
I was thunderstruck. He was right. Because of my temple marriage to David, our children were sealed to us (in theory and truth!). And this earth life was really a training ground for what I would be doing for eternity.
I had previously looked at mothering as a process of getting them through toilet training, or teaching them to read, or weathering cub scouts etc. BUT, I have agreed, through covenants with the Lord, that I want to do this FOREVER.
The great part of this evolving truth is that I get A LOT more time to refine my mothering skills. Again, all women who have participated in temple covenants and remain worthy - will for an absolute fact - be Eternal Mothers too.
So it is not a patronizing statement to make to all endowed women who read this - either now or in the eternities -  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: