.

.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Extra Time

With our 3-hour block of meetings canceled this Sunday (due to the Multi-Stake Conference that starts at 10am), some of us might find ourselves with extra time on our hands this week. Maybe we don't have a lesson to prepare. Or maybe a presidency meeting was canceled. If you find yourself with extra time, how will you spend it? Reading the Scriptures? Going to the Temple? Visiting the sick and poor? Or watching TV, surfing the Internet, and taking a nap? I know I am sometimes guilty of wasting extra time. Yesterday I was thinking how great it would be for me to use this extra time Heavenly Father has given me to complete my visiting teaching this week. I want to say how much I love the Visiting Teaching program. I have had several experiences of women who have showed me how much they love me. It has given me the opportunity to make friends with sisters I might not have ever met. And I cherish the spiritual conversations I have with my visiting teachers and with the sisters I visit teach. I pray that we can all gain a testimony of visiting teaching. If you can remember a Sister who was a wonderful visiting teacher to you, then go out and do that for the women you teach. I testify that you will both be edified and come closer to the Lord as you fulfill your responsibility with sincere love and real friendship.

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love this Ruth - thank you.