.

.

Monday, April 2, 2012

"Robes for Rags"

I received so much personal revelation during the 182nd Annual General Conference, that I find it difficult to find one favorite inspirational thought or talk. HOWEVER, one phrase, as related by our now former General Relief Society President Julie B. Beck, stood out as most appropriate for the coming months.
Our goal for the next three months, as the Dallas 4th Relief Society, is to encourage every worthy sister to exchange "ROBES FOR RAGS".
One of the quotes Sister Beck used was by modern day prophets where they hoped that the women of the Relief Society would discard their "Spiritual Rags" and truly desire the "Glorious Robes" the Lord would have us wear instead. We know they are referring to the temple and the blessings found therein.
In the coming weeks, we will be emphasizing the blessings and responsibilities of female discipleship as it applies to the saving ordinances of the TEMPLE.
For the last two days, I have felt the SPIRITUAL PULL of the Lord for me to want MORE for myself and all those around me.
I want NO WOMAN in our Relief Society to have only rags to wear when we have, right in our own ward boundary, access to GLORIOUS BEAUTIFUL DIVINE ROBES found in the TEMPLE.
Wardrobe change starts......NOW!

No comments: