.

.

Monday, January 2, 2012

George Albert Smith's Testimony

“I have been bouyed up and, as it were, lifted out of myself and given power not my own to teach the glorious truths proclaimed by the Redeemer of the world. I have not seen Him face to face but have enjoyed the companionship of His Spirit and felt His presence in a way not to be mistaken. I know that my Redeemer lives and gladly yield my humble efforts to establish his teachings. The philosophies of men can never take the place of truth as revealed to us by the Eternal Father. Individual happiness and world-wide peace will not be permanent until those who dwell in the earth accept the Gospel and conform their lives to its precepts. It is (see Romans 1:16)and obey. It is the kind advice of a loving Father who, seeing the end from the beginning, says: This is the path; walk ye in it, and eternal life and eternal progress and eternal happiness shall be your reward. Every fibre of my being vibrates with the knowledge that He lives and some day all men will know it.

“The Savior died that we might live. He overcame death and the grave and holds out to all who obey His teachings the hope of the glorious resurrection.” (Testimonies, p. 53.)

George Albert Smith

(For the source, click HERE.)

No comments: